I Had a Lower Face and Neck Lift 13 Days Ago,pain when I Do Certain Facial Movements?

Pain when smiling,eating and i attempted to kiss my family friend on the cheek and there was considerable tightness and pain just above the Jowl area on both sides of my face ,im concerned i have done damege to the underlying tissues.Because not only was the initial pain from doing this but some pain lasted in this area for some time after

Lower Face Lift/Neck Lift Pain

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and an oral surgeon. You may be experiencing TMJ pain, and need a thorough dental examination with your Dentist, then an Oral surgeon if indicated. This can be treated in some cases with Botox, and be a nice treatment. If you are grinding your teeth at night, then this may be the reason for your pain. Again, a through Dental assessment is in order before any Plastic Surgery considerations are given as alternatives. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pain After Lower Facelift

+1

You are very early on in the healing process and should continue to be patient as your skin and face continues to heal. Tightness is very normal. Pain is variable and I would have your surgeon examine you.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/facelift.html

Pain With Facial Movements

+1

Dear James1,  it is highly unlikely that you have done any damage to the underlying tissues.  The discomfort is most likely related to residual inflammation from the procedure which will resolve in the days and weeks to come.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/facialcosmeticplasticsurgery.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial pain after facelift

+1

The pulling sensation may be due to plication or suspension sutures to support your jowls.  If the jowls do not sag immediately, then the repair is intact.   

Pain in cheek after facelift

+1

Some pain in the cheek after a facelift may be normal after two weeks.  If concerned you should probably see your surgeon. Without major trauma, I doubt that you did anything ro yourself specifically.

Pain following lower face and neck lift

+1

It is not abnormal to have some residual pain 13 days after a facelift, and it is not likely you did any damage after kissing your friend on the cheek. While you are healing, it is generally important to listen to your body and avoid activities that cause discomfort. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any immediate post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/midfacelift-facelift/

Pain after face lift

+1

It is not unreasonable to expect some discomfort after a facelift.  It is unlikely that you did real damage from just a kiss.  The fact that it is on both sides, and is even, is a good sign.

It is a good idea to check with your surgeon.

The most important thing to watch for is swelling due to a hematoma.