I Lost 8 Stone over 9 Months Will my Loose Skin Slowly Tighten Naturaly? (photo)

I am 22 year old 6ft 4 Male. I went from 21 stone to 13 stone through a diet a made for myself and i have been left with alot of loose skin mainly around my abdomen and chest, it is really knocking my confidence and whenever i look in the mirror i loose alot of moral when topless. i spoke to my doctor for surgery but funding wasn't available. I think the skin on my chest and under my arms is slowly tightening an was wondering if over time e.g 2 years it may tighten by itself?

Age is on your side...

+1

Congratulations on your massive weight loss. What you have done with diet and exercise, is truly impressive  You should be very proud of yourself. Skin tightening after massive weight loss is multifactorial.  Skin tightening depends on your genetics, type of skin, age at which you lost weight, rapidity of your weight loss, and your maximum weight, among other things. The most important thing is that you lost all that weight. This will significantly improve your life and should extend your life expectancy. I would continue to diet and exercise conscientiously. Your age certainly is on your side for the ability of your skin to contract. The older you are the less recoil your skin has. This means as you age, the skin is less likely to bounce back and shrink wrap around you after massive weight loss. Hopefully you will not need any reconstructive plastic surgery after massive weight loss. However if your abdomen continues to upset you in approximately 8 to 12 months,  I would suggest either an abdominoplasty or a 360 body lift.  The abdominoplasty will remove excess skin in front of the central abdomen.  The 360 body lift will remove excess skin and fat abdomen, bilateral flanks, hips and buttocks. Good luck on your weight-loss journey and congratulations on your weight-loss achievement. Sincerely Dr. Katzen

Skin Tightening after Massive Weight Loss

+1

Youth can help with this aspect, but complete tightening is unlikely.   When you have finished losing weight and have been stable at that weight for 6 months, you can consider surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male tummy tuck Los Angeles, CA

Will my Loose Skin Slowly Tighten Naturaly

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. TIme will tell regarding how much tightening will occur. But the weight loss is not so rapid that there hasn't bee time for skin shrinkage as the weight was lost, so I would not hold out too much encouragement. The fact that the chest and arm skin seems to have tightened is one factor in your favor. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Skin Bounce Back after Significant Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment.

Only time will tell exactly how much your skin will “bounce back” on its own. What you do have going for you is your youth;  generally speaking, younger patients tend to have better skin elasticity characteristics compared to older patients.

Hello

+1

Congratulations on loosing that weight for yourself and your health. There is a high possibility your skin will not tighten up. You might need some surgery to help with that. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS