I Have a Long Nose with an Overprojected/droopy Tip with a Hanging Columella and a Big Dorsum Hump, Can I Fix All This?

I have many issues with my nose, i fear my surgeon will not address all these issues to his maximum potential due to the time and effort needed, are these procedures performed in once session? also with the combination of problems I've mentioned can i expect a big change in the length of my upper lip as it looks small.

Rhinoplasty to correct multiple concerns

+1

It is possible to fix all of the above nose issues under a closed rhinoplasty operation.  This surgery takes approximately an hour and a half under general anesthesia and is performed as an outpatient procedure.  De-projection and rotation of the tip and bridge can be performed along with trimming back the hanging columella. In addition, you can also expect a big change in the length of the upper lip since the tip has been raised.  A droopy tip is best addressed by releasing the depressor seti ligament.  Dorsal hump reduction is performed by filing down the bridge and then narrowing the nasal bones by performing osteotomies.  For further review of  our patients with similar nasal features to yours, please view our photo gallery at the link below. 

Multiple Nasal Issues to be Done in One Setting

+1

All of the nasal areas that you would like to modify can be performed in one setting. If you have fears that your surgeon will not address your concerns, then I would think really hard if I have made a mistake.  Your surgeon should make you feel comfortable on many levels so that your experience and outcome can be maximized. 

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Multiple nasal issues

+1

Certainly after rhinoplasty a hanging columella, droopy/overhanging tip, and dorsal hump can be treated at the same time.

Rhino expectations

+1

if you fear anything with regard to your surgery in advance you need to slow down and make sure all of your issues are addressed.  schedule another appointment with your surgeon.  make sure you have the time to get all of your questions answered.  fear should not be an emotion you have regarding your feelings about your surgeon.  you should have nothing but confidence in him or her prior to proceeding.  if you fear he/she doesnt understand you in advance it is unlikely you be happy with your result, no matter how fantastic it is objectively.  listen, this is surgery performed by a human on a human body - by definition the end results fall short of ones conceived notion of perfection.  but that is ok, the end result really needs to be happiness.  and you wont be happy if you entered the or fearing your surgeon didnt know what you wanted or fear he hadnt addresssed all your concerns.  by the way dont get me wrong, objective results are extremely important if terms of acheving happiness - hopefully you have done your research and have arrived at a skilled surgeon.  but beyond that the experiene matters.  you want someone who you know cares about you and cares about what you want.  test him a little, make an appointment and addressed your concerns.  you are going to pay him good hard earned money.  an experenience devoid of fear should be part of the deliverables.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Meeting expectations in rhinoplasty surgery

+1

All of the changes that you desire are frequently addressed at the time of a rhinoplasty.  Each one requires specific changes especially the over projected nasal tip with the hanging columella.  At our office we used the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This is a tremendous educational tool allowing the patient to visualize the changes that can be accomplished.  In this manner we try not to show a result that we do not think can be accomplished.  The key to a satisfied patient is meeting expectations.  

Multiple changes during rhinoplasty.

+1

All of the changes you desire should be possible with a carefully planned surgery by an experienced surgeon.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Changes with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

All of the changes you describe can effectively be made if your rhinoplasty is done by an experienced surgeon. I recommend that you get a second opinion from another physician if you feel that your surgeon will not take the time to get the best possible result.