I Had a Liposuction Done 6 Years Ago, but my Tummy Looks Uneven with Scars Underneath my Skin. Is There Anything I Can Do?

Unevenness After Liposuction

+1

Unevenness after liposuction can occur, and the amount of correction will depend upon the degree of loose skin and the nature of the contour deformity.  See a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision liposuction

+1

It sounds like you have some contour irregularities after your last procedure, and in order to correct them you will likely need revision surgery.  I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon for an evaluation, and it is likely your situation can be improved.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

+1

Often I see what you are describing when an aggressive liposuction of the abdomen has been done. The other time I see uneveness is when the patient had loose skin prior to the liposuction, and the abdomen looks lumpy afterwards. This is why I almost always refuse to suction abdomens. Not a good area to get good results.

If you have the problems you describe, your best option may be an abdominoplasty.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction contour issues

+1

Contour issues for liposuction can happen with aggressive removal or in very thin patients.  Best to be seen in person to get a better perspective.

Uneven after liposuction

+1
It is impossible to comment without photos and a full history. Visible scars are at skin level so I am not sure what you are trying to describe.

Robert L. Kraft, MD