I Had Liposuction and Thigh Lift Performed Last Friday and One of my Legs is Not Healing, It is Very Swollen and Tight?

Feels like a brick and very tight. While in surgery, the doctor finished operating, stitched me up and then noticed that my leg became engorged. He had to open me back up, fix bleeding issue and re-stitch me back. Is it normal for the upper part of my thigh to not have improved at all on day 8 post op while the other is healing good? Is this possibly related to the fact that he essentially performed the procedure twice or something that I need to address ASAP? I'm so scared, please advise.

Asymmetric Swelling after Liposuction and Thighlift

+1

Anytime there is asymmetric swelling after thigh lift you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon.  Additional hematoma or fluid collection are concerns as well as possible infection.  Blood clot in your leg is another possibility.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

See your surgeon for asymmetric swelling

+1

From the description of your situation, it seems as though the swelling might be from your bleeding but it might be from infection, which is worrisome and should be addressed early.  I strongly recommend seeing your surgeon to make sure no intervention is necessary.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Leg swelling after thighlift and liposuction should be evaluated.

+1

The safest option for you is to return to your plastic surgeon and be evaluated.  While asymmetric swelling can be normal, it still should be evaluated to be sure it is nothing else besides normal post operative swelling, such as local hematoma, seroma or DVT.

Leg swelling eight days post liposuction and thigh lift

+1

Swelling following liposuction and thigh lifts is common.  The selling may be more on one side than the other.  However, thigh lift and liposuction performed together van increase the risk of a deep venous thrombosis.  For this reason alone, you should not delay and see your surgeon to be evaluated and make sure everything is alright, especially if you have developed swelling of the ankle and calf region, and for piece of mind.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon