I Had Liposculpture Exactly 7 Days Ago and I Am Still Draining Alot?

I had liposculpture 7 days ago, i have 3 small drains 2 in the front and 1 in my tail bone.the first 3 days i was draining alot i even wore diapers especially from the the tail bone one, then the next 2 days very very lightly that just covered them with gauze, now, the past 2 days have been horrible almost just as bad as the 2nd and 3rd day. why is that? and i thought it was only gonna last 2-4 days, how can i stop it? it's gross i hate it!

Post Liposculpture Draining

+1

Thank you for your question. Drainage is a part of the procedure, and the healing aspect. This part goes away in usually 48-72 hours, but if there was a large extraction, greater than 3 liters, then drainage may persist. They can close up very quickly once the extra fluid is gone. If there is an odor, have it evaluated. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Still Draining after a Few Days

+1

Drainage more than a few days may be normal based upon the type of liposuction or the amount, but your plastic surgeon should determine this.

Liposuction and drainage

+1

Draiange after liposuction can occur for many reasons.  Some modalities cause more drainage than others. It is best to ask your surgeon to evalaute you.

Drainage after Liposuction

+1

Depending on your body's response to the procedure, how much fluid was used, and how much fluid your physician was able to remove during and after the procedure, it's not unusual to still have some drainage this far into your recovery. Make sure to wear your compression garments as directed, as this will greatly help in the process. 

Significant drainage after liposculpture should be expected.

+1

Significant drainage after liposculpture should be expected.  Your surgeon should have given you clear information about this.  Your drainage seems to be maybe a little prolonged compared to most of my liposculpture patients, but may not be unreasonable.

Some reasons why the drainage may have increased include:

1. your activity level has increased - which causes your body to create more fluid
  2. your water intake has increased - which creates more fluid that can drain
  3. you had an area that was not draining properly initially and is now draining properly.

Stay in close contact with your surgeon to help you through this period.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon