I Would Like to Know What Options I Have to Remove an Unwanted Vein from my Face? (photo)

I am 25 years old and have this unsightly vein on my face. I went to a vein clinic and they told me basically that a vein and artery had fused together. I tried to get advice from other vein specialists but they don't deal with facial veins. It happens when I bend my head down or when its hot. Plastic surgeons said they could ligate it. I have high blood pressure and currently taking medication for it. Please, I don't need to "cover" it with fat etc, I really NEED it removed. It ruins my self confidence

Treatment of a large vein around the eyes

+1

Venous malformations can occur on the face, particularly around the eyes.  Several quick clinic tests can help elucidate the problem.  I would begin with a consultation in which the physician can actually examine and feel the mass.  Treatment varies depending on the actual connections this vein has with the surrounding structures. 

Abnormal Blood Vessel On Face

+1

Your particular problem is not common and is not simple to deal with.  The first step would be for you to get some detailed imaging of the area with ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI in order to define the anatomy of it in detail.  I feel is is likely soe form of hemangioma or arteriovenous malformation.  The danger of this is that is can continue to grow larger with time.  The standard therapy is this region of the body would be surgical ligation / removal and it would need to be performed by a vascular specialist with a particular interest in this condition.  Good luck on getting this addressed.

Joel Gotvald, MD, FACS
Austin General Surgeon

Photo not visible

+1

It is hard to say,but you may have an A-V malformation. A neuroradiologist may be able to help you with this problem.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Enlaged facial vein

+1

I assume you are asking about the bulge in the upper lid?

This is an unusual place for enlaged vein. It could be a hemangioma.

The trade of to exploring it is a scar right on top of it.