I Have Had 2 Laser Treatments with MD Yag Machine Can You Take Laser Hair Removal Treatment Before 4 Weeks?

I have had 2 laser treatments with MD- Yag machine . i am of indian origin and have not seen any results so far . Growth on my legs is hard and next day hair growth starts after shaving and laser treatment . Can i take laser treatments more frequently or am i using the right machine ?

Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Hair growth on the legs is much slower than on the face.  The 1064 YAG is a good machine for your skin type, but the energy needs to be set properly.  We like the Candela Gentle Yag and the Cynosure lasers.  More frequent treatments will not provide any benefit to you as the hair is targeted at a very specific cycle of hair growth. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery and for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser hair removal results

+1

After laser hair removal of any type on any skin, the hairs should be mostly not growing immediately after (80-90% of the hairs which are in the growing phase), and it should last for at least a few weeks before needing retreatment.  On the legs, I would not retreat a patient for probably 6 weeks after the first treatment.  The stubble can take 2-3 weeks to fall out though so that can be confusing sometimes.  If you have had no results I would talk to your doctor, and if you are not satisfied get a second opinion.