I Had Labiaplasty Wedge Method, However, the Parts Still Keep Coming Apart?

restitched 3x - last time w/ interrupted stitches and surgical glue. I also remained as immobile as possible for 5 days. I am not sure what to do. The last 7 weeks I have had so much pain and discomfort especially sitting that I am not sure I can go through another outpatient surgery to restitch.

Labiaplasty recovery and revision expert

+1

Wound healing is sometimes impaired by blood supply and thus it may be appropriate for you to wait four to six months before attempting another revision. Make sure to continue proper sure to continue proper wound care and visits with your surgeon.

Labiaplasty wound re-opening

+1

You should not have a labia revision for at least 5 months since the last attempt, since the tissues need to heal and the swelling needs to go away. Recurrent attempts to fix is right away will continue to fail.  The initial failure may be due to smoking, swelling, surgical technique, etc.   You should probably get another opinion.  Control your anxiety and wait as you do not have many other opportunities to get a good repair.‚Äč It is important that you wait!

Sincerely,

Dr. Gary Alter

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty incision that keeps coming apart.

+1

If your incision continues to come apart it is probably too tight.  I would simply let things heal without stitching and revise once the scars have settled

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Delayed healing after labiaplasty

+1

Sorry about hearing your unfortunate experience. When the wound opened up after a procedure and failed three attempt to repair, there is usually a reason for it. Repeated attempt to close the wound without figuring out what's causing the failure will likely result in another failed attempt. I would recommend that your have a serious conversation with your physician first. Also consider getting a second opinion if your surgeon is unable to resolve the issue.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty wound opening

+1

HI,

It sounds like you did not have any deep sutures to hold the tissue together (I can't be certain since I was not there), but at this point you may have to let everything heal on its own and then get it revised at a later date. Once the tissue becomes inflamed and partially contaminated it is very difficult to get it to stay closed.I am sorry that this happened to you, but typically the labia have a good blood supply and will heal in  on their own. Three months after they heal you can get them revised. Hang in there.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Healing after your labiaplasty

+1

abnormal healing  or wound separation after a labiaplasty

i would suggest you seek another opinion. i would think this needs to be redone at this point and not just sutured

call