I Have a Keloid Beside my Nose, How Do I Get It Removed? (photo)

I had a mole beside my nose since when I was a kid. My aunt told me to put some special cream on it it worked but I accidentally went over the mole and it burned my skin. I had a scab for 2 weeks but I kept picking at it and it turned into a keloid. Its been 2 years now and im looking for a way to get it removed. My skin colour is brown if that matters.

Nasal scar

Good news!  This isn't a keloid.  Rather it is a hypertrophic scar, which means that it is simply a thick, ugly scar, rather than a tumor of scar tissue.  Making that particular scar look better would be relatively easy.  My plan would be:

1. Reexcision of the scar
  2. Madajet steroid infiltration
  3. (possible) Lux1540 Laser scar treatment

With this treatment, I'd expect the resulting scar to be nearly imperceptible after 3 months of healing.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of nasal and nostril keloids and scars from injury, biopsy, or nose surgery

Nasal keloids, or bad scars from nose surgery or rhinoplasty, should be treated early with pulsed dye laser and IIT.  I perform these treatments regularly in my plastic surgery office and can often avoid surgery. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Pulsed dye laser and injections work well for scars

I think this scar can respond very well to some laser treatment and injections. Usually we start with the pulsed dye laser - Vbeam - and then can use fractional laser such as Fraxel to further improve the scar.