I Have a Keloid Beside my Nose, How Do I Get It Removed? (photo)

I had a mole beside my nose since when I was a kid. My aunt told me to put some special cream on it it worked but I accidentally went over the mole and it burned my skin. I had a scab for 2 weeks but I kept picking at it and it turned into a keloid. Its been 2 years now and im looking for a way to get it removed. My skin colour is brown if that matters.

Nasal scar

+2

Good news!  This isn't a keloid.  Rather it is a hypertrophic scar, which means that it is simply a thick, ugly scar, rather than a tumor of scar tissue.  Making that particular scar look better would be relatively easy.  My plan would be:

1. Reexcision of the scar
  2. Madajet steroid infiltration
  3. (possible) Lux1540 Laser scar treatment

With this treatment, I'd expect the resulting scar to be nearly imperceptible after 3 months of healing.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of nasal and nostril keloids and scars from injury, biopsy, or nose surgery

+1

Nasal keloids, or bad scars from nose surgery or rhinoplasty, should be treated early with pulsed dye laser and IIT.  I perform these treatments regularly in my plastic surgery office and can often avoid surgery. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Pulsed dye laser and injections work well for scars

+1

I think this scar can respond very well to some laser treatment and injections. Usually we start with the pulsed dye laser - Vbeam - and then can use fractional laser such as Fraxel to further improve the scar. 

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist