Best Way to Remove Facial Keloid?

i have a keliod on the right side of face whats the best way of removing it

Bleomycin Injections for facial keloids

+1
Intralesional Bleomycin Injections work very well for facial keloids. However, you may anticipate some transient hyperpigmentation in the treated area. I prefer this over other methods of treatment, due to the long remission that Bleomycin treatments achieve. 

India Dermatologist

Treating facial keloids

+1

Facial keloids are difficult to treat as they are generally widened and raised. Simple non-invasive modalities to decrease thickness will work well but usually leave a widened flat scar. Surgical excision may ultimately lead to recurrence.

I treat countless patients with keloids and have adopted a stringent protocol of close follow up, non-invasive treatments, and surgery. Recurrence rates in my office are low as a result of close follow up.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Injections and if not gone surgery

+1

The approach I would recommend would be to use steroid injections first. :You should realize this would be a compromise measure and would not make your keloid magically disappear. You may be satisfied with the appearance following perhaps, a series of injections. I

If you are not safisfied, then I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon, for an excision. The excision will be done down to the fat layer to discourage regrowth. Some surgeons prefer to use low voltage X rays to prevent recurrence. Most utilize steroid injections. A recent article by Brain Berman in the Journal of the American Acaemy of Dermatology showed that imiquimod ( Aldara cream) was not particularly helpful. This contraverted an article Dr. Berman authored in 2002 that showed it was effective. However, that was a small pilot study.

Your plastic surgeon will recommend a dressing, most prefer a silicone based dressing. It is probably the hydration from this rather than something magical about the silicone that helps prevent keloids.

It is crucial that you be religious about following instructions, be it applying the dressing, or returning for steroid injectiions.

Good luck.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist