I Had Juvederm Injection to Correct a Depressed Acne Scar on my Chin. How Long Will It Last? (photo)

I had a juvederrm injection to raise a depressed scar after a cystic acne on my chin. How long will it last? Do you suggest scar excision?

Juvederm to Depressed Acne Scar

+1

The Juvederm to a depressed chin scar may last 9 months to 1 year.  If you are happy with the results, you may want to consider Artefill injection thereafter.

Juvéderm can improve the appearance of a scar, but other options exist, too.

+1

Juvéderm can improve the appearance of a scar very nicely in many instances. It can last from as little as 6 months to well over a year. There is some degree of collagen stimulation by the presence of a hyaluronic acid filler. Another option is to stimulate collagen production, and therefore, actually repair the damaged skin, using a laser, such as Fraxel re:store. Also consider micro- needling with Dermapen. Both can help stimulate the production of healthier collagen and improve the quality of the skin. I've been very impressed with Dermapen.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Injections for acne scaring....

+1

The Juvederm lasts about 6 month to a year depending on how fast your body absorbs the material. It can help with depressions in the skin but for what you have you may be able to have the resurfacing laser done with either a CO2 laser or Profractional laser. With a laser you wouldn't have to go back and have it touched up every 6 months to a year. I hope this helps out some! Good luck

Richard

Richard Levine, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

I Had Juvederm Injection to Correct a Depressed Acne Scar on my Chin. How Long Will It Last?

+1

From the photo provide, the acne scar appears quite shallow.  In these instances, it's best IMHO to try a scalpel abrasion of the scar to flatten the outer edges thereby making the scar less visible.  This can be done under a local and takes about 15 minutes as an office treatment.  Juvederm injections last about 6 months.

Juvederm for acne scars

+1

I have been using hyaluronic acid injections for acne scars for years with amazing results.  It can last 3-12 months or longer, but in many of my patients who have had injections repeated over time, they get to a point where they don't need injections very often since new collagen grows, so we just touch it up every 2 years or so.  Scar excision you will be trading one scar for another, so unless there is some guarantee that the new scar will be better than the old scar which is unlikely, I don't usually think its advisable, but you would need to talk to your doctor. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

How long will Juvederm last?

+1

Juvederm lasts for 6-7 months on average, sometimes longer depending on the patient. Time can also vary with location of the treatment. I would recommend speaking with your physician, as they know the details of your treatment. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

The range of longevity of this filler HA is between 4 to 9 months. You should have discussed this with your doctor injecting you. 

Juvederm for scar

+1

Depnding on which form of Juvederm was used it should last between 6 months to a year.  Good luck with the result.

Filler in acne scars

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm last about a year. Once this wears off you may consider a longer lasting filler like Artefill. Artefill is a longer lasting filler (up to five years or more) made of 80% Artefill Purified Bovine Collagen and 20% Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) Microspheres, with 0.3% lidocaine for patient comfort.

Tracy Katz, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does Juvederm last in a depressed scar?

+1

Juvederm can last up to 1 year. It varies by location, the individual, and volume injected. For example a thick layer will last longer than a thin layer and some locations hold better than others. You will have to wait and see how it works for you.

Sam Naficy, MD