I Had Juvaderm Injected in my Vermillion Border and Wet to Dry Line Approx 4 Weeks Ago and It Seems to Have Gone Down Already?

The vermillion border is still full but with some redness to above the area, not sure why there is redness there as no filler was injected above the vermillion border line. She also injected into the wet to dry line but this has gone down and appears that no filler is is there anymore, one full syringe was used. I saw the product myself and know it was Juvaderm and the amoutn she used, she was very professional and advised against over treating, Any ideas why this has happened?

Juvederm filler duration in the lip

+2

Juvederm or any filler for that matter will last depending on several factors, most importantly where it is injected, which filler it is, technique and depth of injection, and the metabolism (everyone breaks down filler at different rates) of the person receiving the injection. The lips have the least duration of effect of all areas injected because they move the most. Most people have an initial swelling when the lips are injected which some people really like, but then the lip reduces down in size, although typically still bigger than it was originally. I suspect that your lip is in fact bigger than it originally was, but I'd review with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon whether to consider a thicker product such as Perlane for the lips which might give you longer staying power.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm in Lips after 4 Weeks

+1

Juvederm should still be present in lips after 4 weeks.  You may just want more product injected.  The volume is not particularly great, and the results after one injection may be subtle.

Juvederm for lips

+1

You probably require more filler for the result you desire.  You should return to your injector to discuss your concerns, especially the redness above your lip.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

+1

Juvederm and other hyaluronic acid products are fabulous for the lips.  Even though it seems to you like it is totally gone,  you probably still have improvement from your baseline.  All products like juvederm will last longer in areas with less movement.  For example under the eyes it will last much longer than an area with greater movement like the lips.  I suggest you make an appointment with the practitioner who admistered the product.  It is likely that you may need a little touch up.

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm before and after lips

+1

Dear pinkcannarozzo,

• I would check your before and after pictures to make sure
  • Sometimes your metabolism can break the product down faster
  • In essence, you should check with your injector, especially since it sounds like you like her and trust her

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Juvederm in the lip

+1

I think you probably just did not get enough juvederm to make a difference for your expectations.  This should last at least 6 to 8 months.

Dr. Vasisht - South Shore Plastic Surgery

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in lips "gone down after 4 weeks" Is this normal?

+1

It depends on how much filler you need in the first place.  Everyone's lips are different and the amount you need to give you a lasting correction varies.  You may have had a partial correction but full correction may require additional Juvederm. Most everyone agrees that the second injection lasts longer.  In some cases a year or more. As far as the redness it's hard to evaluate without a photo.