I Am in School to Be a Registered Massage Therapist and Want a Breast Augmentation/lift? (photo)

I have had one consult and was told under muscle lollipop lift would be best and silicone bc I am so thin I would have ripples with saline. I was hoping to do overs given my career choice but I know I am not the expert yall are so I am trying to be open minded. Also if it matters I am 5'4" 120-123lbs And one more thing the scars near my areaola are from spilling hot tea down my shirt about 3 weeks ago I am currently using bio oil on them but was also advised laser surgery might be best.

Under the muscle placement of implants

+1

Hello. I would recommend under the muscle placement of the implants as well as silicone because of your thin skin. When you do subglandular implants they are only being held up by skin. I recommend the under the muscle approach for added support on almost all my patients. The lollipop approach to the mastopexy also seems reasonable. You will get the lift affect without the extra scarring or a full mastopexy.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

You will need a standard lift either a lollipop incision or a short inverted "T" scar. The implant is best placed under the muscle as when you put it over the muscle it will only be held up by the skin and over time will potentially weigh your down. You can use silicone or saline. The thinner the skin the more likely you should be to use silicone.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I Am in School to Be a Registered Massage Therapist and Want a Breast Augmentation/lift?

+1

At the end of the day it is your decision. But I recommend a full lift + implants under. If you desire above implants than I would separate the operations. Do the lifting first follow in 3 to 6 months the implant above. 

Implants under the Muscle and Lift

+1

The only people I have seen have problems with under the muscle implants are competitive bodybuilders or powerlifters.  Under the muscle implants with a lift should be appropriate for your situation as the plastic surgeon explained.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Going under the muscle with a breast lift

+1

My preference is almost always to go under the muscle with a lift because of the added support of the muscle. I feel that the breast skin that is already drooping just doesn't have enough strength to hold the implant uphill for very long and really will not interfere with your career choice...But whether you go with a lollipop or full lift will depend on your surgeon and how you actually measure out in  consultation!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Massage therapist and submuscular implants.

+1

Implants placed under the muscle should not have long term impact on your profession of massage therapy. The rest of the proposed plan you have been presented by your surgeon sounds very appropriate. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1

From the picture you provided I do believe you are a good candidate for the breast augmentation with vertical lift technique you have been offered. Placing the implant under the muscle will ensure that you do not see the upper aspect of the implant which often gives a shelf like look (this would be for someone who desires the "fake look"). I do believe you are a good candidate for either silicone or saline. As for getting back to massage therapy, I do advise patients that there will be down time associated with the procedure which typically runs you around 4-6 weeks. I also advise patients that they should limit any arm movements that will initiate the pectoralis muscle for at least two weeks as doing this too soon will run you at a higher risk for capsular contracture.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Under with lift

+1

Hi,

i agree with the other doctors here. your best option will be under with silicone and a lollipop type mastopexy. 

i have had some patients who were semi-pro athletes and fitness models who have no issues with exercise given under the muscle implants. 

hope that is helpful. 

Bennett Yang, MD
washington dc

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

For a breast augmentation and lift I probably would place the implants under the muscle because of the rippling.  It shouldn't impact your ability to perform your therapy.

Mastopexy With Implants

+1

Judging from the photo provided, I would have to concur the original opinion of a vertical (lollipop) mastopexy with a submuscular implant. In your case implants placed in the subglandular (on top of the muscle) space can result in a "rock in the sock" deformity, which looks just as it sounds.The silicone implants are less likely to wrinkle, not that they cannot, than the saline implants.

I would say your initial consult is what I would have advised. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD