I Hit my Nose 4 Weeks Post Rhino/septo. Did I Hurt It?

I bent down to pick something up yesterday (4 weeks post) and as I was coming up my friend elbowed me directly in the nose--probably a 7 out of 10 for the force. it felt like my tip twisted slightly during the accident; there was no blood; my nose looks relatively the same; it might be slightly different but swelling makes it difficult to tell. Do you think anything happened? I'm at college in a different state--is it worth flying home to see my surgeon? Can he do anything at this point?

Post op rhinoplasty trauma can cause problems

+2

After a septorhinoplasty it is best to avoid any nasal trauma for six weeks.  If any osteotomies or nasal tip procedures were performed the nose will take time to heal.  If significant trauma occurs the nose change be changed.  If the trauma is minor it is best to wait to see after the swelling the nose is fine.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit to Nose 4 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Usually the best thing to do after significant trauma following rhinoplasty is to visit your plastic surgeon for an exam.  It is extremely difficult to advise on this situation in a forum like this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA