I Got Hit in the Chin 3 Weeks After Chin Augmentation/Mentoplasty, Can It Ruin my Result?

My 5 month old baby pulled the cable with his leg, making the corner of the cell phone strike me in the chin. I am a little bit paranoid about this, It didn't hurt a lot. I felt the hit, it hurt at the moment(not so much) and didn't leave any pain afterwards. Could this move the implant or ruin the result in any way? Thanks in advance, JB

Damage to Chin Augmentation

+1

It is highly unlikely that there was any amount of damage to your implant with the amount of force you described. It takes more force than described to cause any kind of damage to the implants as long as they are properly placed and secured. However, if you are worried I recommend going in to the surgeon who performed the surgery to explain your concerns so he/she can assess you. "Dr. D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit in the chin 3 weeks after chin augmentation, can It ruin my result?

+1

It is very unlikely that the cell phone striking you in the chin moved your implant. It takes a significant amount of force to move an implant, as it is securely in place following surgery. The fact that you did not feel any pain also helps determine that no damage took place, as you will still be tender in the area after 3 weeks. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any other post-operative concerns, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery. I hope this helps, and best of luck with the remainder of your recovery!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Hit to chin following chin augmentation

+1

With the amount of force that you describe, I would be surprised if the hit you received would affect the result of your chin surgery.  The most prudent thing to do would be to see your surgeon, just to make sure though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon