I Need Help with my Nose?

I am a 16 year old girl and I always hated my nose. I've always dreamed of a cute perky nose but I think my nose is manly and it brings my self-esteem down. My mom has called places like strax rejuvenation and they said I can't do the procedure because I am too young and I need to be 18 years of age. I hate my nose. I've been considering rhinoplasty since 7th grade. I read that dr Epstein does teenagers but if he can't do me can I have other doctors? I live in Miami. Please help!!!

Rhinoplasty for 16 Year Old Lady

+1

Almost all 16 year old ladies that I've seen in my office are physically mature and are candidates for rhinoplasty surgery. If you have parental support I suggest you consult with a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who specializes in this work.

Nose

+1

The rules for age requirements and age vary depending on where you are.  In most places in North America, you can give consent if you can understand the pros/cons of surgery (capacity), if your consent is voluntary, and if you have appropriate disclosure of information related to the proposed procedure.

You will have to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to assess if you're a candidate.  It seems like Dr. Epstein has already responded positively to your question, and he knows the rules in Miami.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Rhinoplasty at age 16

+1

You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and that has excellent credentials in rhinoplasty procedures. Ideally, that surgeon can use 3D computer imaging to fully assess your nasal proportions with you and show you, and your parents, simulations of anticipated results that the surgeon can realistically obtain. At your age facial growth is essentially complete, so waiting is not necessary. You will need your parents written consent for the procedure however. All the best!

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate Age for Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, at 16 you may possible be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. It is important that you be evaluated by a plastic surgeon in a consultation to determine your candidacy in-person.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not too young for rhinoplasty.

+1

Dear Crystal

I do not know of a reason to wait from 16 to 18 years of age for rhinoplasty.

The nose has essentially reached its full size once you reach puberty.

If you have a consenting adult, rhinoplasty can done carefully as an infant in reconstructive cases without deleterious effects.

Keep looking for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

I am sure that you will find someone in your city happy to do it for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS