I Have Been Prescribed Tretinoin Cream for Acne by the Name of 'Skin A' Manufactured by Atco,will It Prevent Wrinkles Also?

any tretinoin cream irrespective of which brand is used can prevent wrinkles?i am using dove soap with it ,is it okay?evoo can be used 2 prevent dryness?

Yes it can!

+1

Using tretinoin for wrinkles can be effective if the use is consistent. Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A that works by stimulating a quicker turnover of skin cells. It is usually available by prescription and comes in three different strengths. When using tretinoin for wrinkles, it is important to use it for at least six months to a year.

Since tretinoin causes skin cells to turn over at a faster rate, it is also used to treat acne. Side effects, such as excessive redness, irritation and peeling, are usually seen in the first month of use. During this stage, it is vital to continue using the product since short-term use produces little benefit. Depending upon the individual, improvement may not be seen until six months of steady use.

I would change the Dove soap to a mild cleanser since tretinoin can be drying in a first phase of treatment.

Retinoids help prevent wrinkles

+1

Regardless of whether the topical retinoid is a brand name like Retin-A or a generic which sounds like the one you have, the active ingredient is the same and will have the same effects on the skin.  These include an improvement of skin tone, texture, acne and wrinkles.

Ritu Saini, MD

Tretinoin for Acne and Anti-Aging

+1

Tretinoin is an example of a retinoid; all retinoids work by regulating skin cell turnover.  They treat acne by regulating skin cell turnover, to keep the pores clear, so as not to attract p. acnes bacteria.  While treating acne, retinoids simultaneously increase collagen production, which improves the appearance of wrinkles and prevents the development of fine lines and wrinkles going forward.

Eric Schweiger, MD

Tretinoin for wrinkles and acne

+1

All tretinoin, vitamin-A acid, retinol, tazarotene or such products have benefits for both acne and wrinkles. The higher the strength/concentration, the more effective it is...however, you need to move your way up slowly to higher strengths as they can be irritating if the skin hasn't gotten used to them, or in the winter/dry air, or if you have a sensitive skin type. Speak with your dermatologist about how to use the retinoid medications properly.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Tretinoin (Retin A) for Acne and Anti-Aging, effective use of

+1

Tretinoin 0.05% and 0.1% Cream are both FDA indicated for anti-aging, while 0.025% Tretinoin is indicated for acne.  However, the higher strengths will work well for both acne and anti-aging.  If I have a patient who has sensitive skin, I will start them on 0.025% Tretinoin and gradually increase the strength depending on their tolerability.  The trick is to not over-treat.  A small pea size is adequate to get the job done and application is important.  You should dot that small pea size around the  perimeter of the face, then work toward the center.  This way, you don't get the bulk of the medication in the region that moves the most - the mouth area.  If nightly application is too aggressive (you are continually irritated), apply it Mon-Wed-Fri followed by your moisturizer.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon