I Have a Gummy Smile Will Botox Help?

I have been offered gum surgery but am concerned my teeth will look really long, what are my options? Wou;ld botox be better?

Gummy Smile and Botox

+1

Botox when injected in smaller amounts well above the lip can help lengthen the nose lip interval and reduce incisor show.

Botox for Gummy Smile

+1

Botox is a good option to help with a gummy smile.  Small amounts of botox can be injected in to the upper lip underneath the nose to help lessen the amount of your gums which appear when you smile.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox For Smile Improvement

+1

Administered by the right surgeon, preferably Board Certified in plastics, Botox can definitely help with a gummy smile. It is a simple procedure, taking only minutes and is a very great option for someone who wants something non invasive. It lasts several months and although it will need to be repeated after that time, my patients are happy with being able to get in and out and having no down time. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for gummy smiles

+1

Botox injected by a highly trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon is a terrific option for reducing gummy smile and is also inexpensive as not much Botox is required.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and gummy smile

+1

Properly injected Botox by a well-trained and experienced injector can help with a gummy smile. Be sure you understand how it affects your mouth and how it can change your look.

Botox for a gummy smile

+1

Botox can definitely help a gummy smile.  It is a quick procedure that lasts a few months and makes patients very happy.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for Gummy smile?

+1

Absolutely!  Botox is very good at treating a gummy smile and is quick and easy.  I would not recommend receding your gums as this will make your mouth look older and the enamel stops at the gum line, then starts the dentin which is much softer and more susceptible to wear and future cavities.  If you want a permanent result, then a plastic surgeon with maxillo-facial training can actually shorten your midface with no damage to the teeth.  This is a big surgery and would only be recommended if you have a 'long' mid face.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Injecting Botox into depressor septi to treat gummy smile

+1

Botox is probably the safest and most predictable way to modify your gummy smile.  In skilled hands, the injections can precisely modulate the way your upper lip muscles move, improving the appearance of your smile.  The fact that it is temporary is both a good and bad thing - less than ideal treatments can be fine tuned easily without permanent smile distortion.  

Gummy smily

+1

Excellent question.  This is one of the most rewarding proceedures that I do.  Using a neuromodulator such as Botox or Dysport can improve a gummy smile.  Typically two injection points are needed and patients are very happy.  I do recommend this proceedure for a gummy smile

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Botox for gummy smile

+1

I have had good success treating gummy smile by giving two injections at the sides of the nose where the nasolabial fold starts.  Sometimes as little as 5 units total gives good results.  Treatment takes just a few seconds.  Because the dosage is low, the results don't last that long and need to be repeated.  It makes sense to me to try the less invasive option first.

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon