I Have a Green Bluish Dead Vein Under my Left Eye? (photo(

I have a green vein under my left eye. I gone to a specialist in the NHS to get treatment. The doctor said the there is no cure because the vein under my eye is under the skin and there is no treatment. If it was inside the skin it would have been treatable but it is under my skin. I can't cover it up with makeup because i pray 5 times a day and have to wash my face 5 times. I really want to know if there is hope to get any treatment to remove this vein under my eye and where I can get this done from.

Treatment of the lower eyelid veins

+1

Undereye veins can be removed or ligated.  This is a straightforward procedure performed under local anesthesia.  I would also use Melarase cream for the discoloration of the lower eyes.

Vein under the eye

+1

It is difficult to see the details of you "vein" from the picture.  I would seek consultation from an Oculoplastics specialist in your area for further guidance.

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Vein under eye

+1

Really the best treatment for veins in this position if causing concern is microphlebectomy.they must not be injected.the treatment is not available on the nhs.

Brian Newman, MD
London General Surgeon

Vein under the eye

+1

All veins are under the skin ( basic anatomy).

Get a second opinion for a good diagnosis and plan of treatment.

The picture posted is not very clear. The possibilities are,

Just a prominent vein

or it could be a hemangioma.

Either way it can be treated. some can be treated with lasers and some may require surgery

Vein of eyelid

+1

While this can be treated with laser, some ophthalmologists might consider this a risky procedure given the closeness to your eye.

Vicki J. Levine, MD