I Need a Really Good Doctor: My Nose is Cracked, Long and It Disallows Me to Smile?

My name is Mariam, I'm 15 and a half years old. I want to get a nose job at the age of 16 because my nose makes people think that I'm ugly, my friends make fun of my huge nose every day it really influences my daily social life. I wanted a doctor that has experience with my nose type, a doctor that I'm comfortable with , and just basically a good doctor that will not destroy my nose I need your help, opinion, and information please :) thank you :)

Hello

+2

Without a picture it’s hard to give you the best advice. At your age you are able to have surgery with consent of your parents you can come in for a consultation to get all your options. You should research before and after pictures to get an idea on what the doctors do. Good luck

Rhinoplasty for long, large nose

+2

Hello Miriam58613,

Rhinoplasty should be able to address the problem areas you describe regarding your nose. It sounds like your nose is really impacting your daily life, which is a common in situations like yours.

You're correct in wanting to find a surgeon you're comfortable with and who has experience in treating noses like your own.

Of course, you would want to have your parent(s) on board for this process. You're at the right age to consider surgery at this point, but the important thing to do now is consult with a few rhinoplasty surgeons to find the right one for you.

You can check out my web reference below to learn more about long nose rhinoplasty.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

I need a good doctor

+2

These are good questions. At this point of your life you need to get your parents on board and involved in helping you achieve your goal. Both of you should do research on rhinoplasty surgeons in your area and then go for several consultations until you are comfortable with the doctor, have seen his/her results and have had all your questions answered. Don't feel pressured, you don't have any "deadline" to get this done. Good luck.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeo

+1

Your questions and concerns are good ones.  Finding a good rhinoplasty surgeon is the most important part of your quest.  At the age of 15, you may not be able to figure out important criteria such as training, experience, and board certification.  You should do some research on your own, but also discuss the issue with your parents. You will need parental consent to have the surgery done since you are a minor, so you might as well get them involved in the process early on.  They will help steer you in the right direction.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Early age for rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Mariam, It is easy to get down on yourself due to your physical appearance especially at your age.  A rhinoplasy may be very appropriate for you but you need to be examined by a plastic surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty surgery.  Following an evaluation you should have a thorough discussion concerning expectations this will help you avoid dissapointment.  

Female Rhinoplasty at age 16

+1

Hi Mariam,  You are close to the age of 16, which is about the time when a woman's nose is fully developed.  After this time, it is alright to consider surgical options.  There are two things you need to do.  1. Discuss the issue with your parents and be sure that they are understanding of your concerns and comfortable and supportive of you pursuing a surgical option.  2. Educate yourself about nose surgery.  I have attached a link below which will help you learn more about the process of nose reshaping surgery. Best Regards, Dr. B.

Ramin Behmand, MD

#Rhinoplasty at 16

+1

Mariam,

I am sorry to hear that you don't like your nose. But fortunately, there are options. You would need to have your parents involved in an procedure you might have to help make sure that you are ready to undergo surgery. You need to see a couple of doctors to help make a good decision regarding your options. Do your research and discuss this with your parents as they need to be with you through the process. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc. is a common procedure since i have been doing these for 35 years. You need to meet with a surgeon that is experienced and who does noses that you like. It can be done at 16 in girls.

Rhinoplasty can make a big difference.

+1

Hi.

You and your parents need to find two or three board certified plastic surgeons near where you live, and go see them.  Ask to see before and after pictures.  Ask how many rhinoplasty operations the surgeon does.  And you will also see who you are comfortable with.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)