I Had a FTT and Need Muscle Repair is It Possible Without Getting Vertical Scar?

I had a FTT 4years ago my doctor says that he can do a muscle repair without cutting anymore skin since i don't have to skin to cut. he think that ill benefit from it my question is will i have a verticl scar or just the horizontal. scar that i have?

Possible to perform abdominal muscle repair using old tummy tuck incision

+2

It sounds like your previous FTT removed all the loose skin so there should be no need to create a vertical scar. Your existing horizontal incision should provide enough access for your surgeon to perform the necessary muscle repair. Best of luck. 

Abdominal wall tightening is possible through a low horizontal incision

+2

Thank you for the question.  Yes, the abdominal wall can be tightened through your previous horizontal tummy tuck incision.  The belly button incision will also need to be opened for best access.  It will be important for your plastic surgeon to tighten your abdominal wall from your xyphoid to your pubic bone.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck/muscle repair

+2

It certainly is possible to open the old incision, raise the abdominal flap and do the muscle repair without removing more skin.  This would leave you with a new low transverse scar as the old one would be removed.

Daniel H. Kane, MD

Muscle repair without a need for another tummy tuck

+1

Hi Sexylove,

if you had a FTT in the past, you already have an incision that allows good access to the abdominal muscles.  Your surgeon can simply go through this incision without the need to create any new scars.  Without pictures and a proper examination I can't give you a definite answer but it sounds like a good plan.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Had TT, now needs muscle repair. Old incisions ok??

+1

It is hard to imagine a situation in which your surgeon could not use the incisions you already have to  do your muscle repair. Thanks for your question, best wishes.