I Have a Foul Ordor Coming from my Breast? (photo)

I am scared about my PS debreing my breast, what more does he have to do? I noticed a fould ordor coming from this breast (right breast) Do I have a infection? Whats going on?

Foul Odor from Breast

+1

In viewing your photo it appears that you have a severe infection. You should consult with your doctor immediately.

Foul Odor From Wound After Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

You have necrotic (dead) tissue in the breast you have pictured. The foul odor is a result of bacterial colonization of that tissue. The foul odor can also be caused by a more sever infection, which is hopefully not the case. Either way, you should be seen by your doctor urgently, and the necrotic tissue should be further debrided til the open wound is clean and there is no more foul smell. Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

Nipple Areola Necrosis and Debridement after Breast Reduction

+1

Although the risk of nipple areola necrosis and fat necrosis after breast reduction is very small, additional areas of necrosis should be conservatively debrided.  Any foul odor can be a concern for infection, but necrotic tissue produces a foul odor as well.  Whenever there is a concern for infection or an additional area of necrosis, a visit to the surgeon's office is in order.

Tissue necrosis of breast

+1

it looks like in your photos that you have an open wound with necrotic( dead) tissue that probably needs further debridement( cleaning by cutting out the dead tissue out ). You should see your doctor to be properly evaluated.

Foul Odor from breast

+1

Thanks for your question and photos.  I would definitely contact and be evaluated by your plastic surgeon sooner rather than later.  The pictures demonstrate further tissue necrosis and the odor can be coming from either the dead tissue or from an infection.  Please go and see him/her immediately.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD