I'll Need to Fly and Hour Flight 20 Days After My Surgery. TT/Lipo, Any Advice?

Flying short distance after tummy tuck

+2

Flying a short distance 20 days after tummy tuck should be very safe.  I recommend that you get up and walk the aisles of the plane to promote circulation during your flight.  

Flying after a tummy tuck

+2

Most patients that are 3 weeks after a tummy tuck procedure are well on their way to healing and should be able to tolerate flying without any trouble. I typically restrict my patients from significant lifting that requires the core muscles, however, which would limit some luggage handling maneuvers. If someone else is flying with you and can help with luggage, you should be fine. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Advise for Flying after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Frequent ambulation, movement of the lower extremities, hydration, the use of compression stockings, possible use of a baby aspirin (if not contraindicated),  avoidance of heavy lifting... may all be helpful advice to you.

Three weeks is usually enough time after in abdominoplasty and liposuction for patient to be permitted to travel.

+2

Although healing is far from complete three weeks after abdominoplasty, most patients can travel safely. Obviously this needs to be cleared with the operating surgeon.

Hour Flight 20 Days After Tummy Tuck

+2

An hour flight 20 days after tummy tuck probably presents little increased risk for blood clot, provided that the surgery has not been complicated.  Continued ambulation should be observed.  The other suggestions mentioned by Dt. Gottlieb can help as well.

I'll Need to Fly and Hour Flight 20 Days After My Surgery

+2

Wear compression stockings, and take some baby aspirin starting a few days before and continue until you return home. Best wishes.