I Have a Fat Undefined Ankle Though my Weight is Normal, Any Solution?

I have a fat undefined ankle though my weight is normal, any solution?

Cankle Liposuction

Most fat ankles, also known as cankles, can be improved by small cannula liposuction. This is not so much about substantative fat removal but more small volume fat removal in select areas (inner and outer ankes) to create a visible separation between the calf and the ankle area.

Fat ankles can be treated by liposuction.

If the caliber of the lake around the ankle is due to excess fat this can be treated by liposuction. The situation is uncommon and suction of this area is slightly more problematic the normal. Compressive garments and leg elevation is important in convalescence.

Fat Undefined Ankle

Anytime there is a concern for fat ankles, liposuction can be a possibility.  However, these areas are rarely liposuctioned.  Many times the issue with the ankles may not be fat.  An exam is mandatory in these patients as well as explanation of what is and is not possible, should surgery be considered.  Be aware that considerable swelling can occur due to the dependent nature of the area.

Liposuction treatment of fat ankles.

If your weight is normal it would be unusual to have local fat deposits solely of the ankles.  However, if you do have local fat deposits of the ankles, liposuction with small cannulas can help to improve the contour and create a visual difference between the ankle and the calf.  Patients considering this must understand the need for prolonged compression of the site and the possibility of prolonged edema of the tissues.

Fat in ankles

We typically use very small cannulas and tiny incisions to remove fat in the ankles.  This can be done if there is fat in this area.  This is a fairly common problem and good results can be obtained if the fat removal is done precisely in the right areas. 

Best regards,

Shim Ching, MD

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for Fat Ankles

Fatty ankles can be markedly improved with Liposuction. This is, in fact, the reason Liposuction was developed, remodeling of a fatty area in someone is otherwise of normal weight and without excess fat in most other areas.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon