I Just Had a Facelift and a Nose Correction. What More Changes Would Be Beneficial.

I recently had a facelift and a slight nose correction, as you can see I do not look my age 43 but I still find that my overall profile and facial form is pretty much the same I have disliked since early youth, is it possible to make this face look really good ? I have added a better image to see more angles for a better idea of the issues.

Further facial enhancement desired?

+2

If you were in my consultation suite, I'd have a better vantage for making solid recommendations, and you could also tell me what kind of facial features you prefer.  From the images you provided, it would appear your nose and chin proportion could be improved- your nose made a bit smaller and your chin a bit larger.  Additionally, you have good width to your face in the cheekbone area, but you might benefit from small lateral mandibular implants to help square your jaw and balance out your proportions from the front view. This often increases the masculinity of one's face, and if you desire to look more "boyish" that might not be for you. Also, consider hair transplants to lower your hairline and shorten your forehead.  In any event, go back to your plastic surgeon and tell him what you feel. In short, more discourse will lead to other exciting possibilities. And one last important recommendation- absolutely have your surgeon do a digital imaging session with you to show you what further changes could look like. 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Beneficial changes

+2

I think that you can also benefit from an upper eyelid blepharoplasty, to make you look more rested. A chin implant can improve your profile.

Juan Carlos Fuentes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Facial proportions

+2

Your surgical results look quite natural...you might consider a chin implant to improve the facial balance.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and Botox

+1

Chin implant would definitely improve the face in the angular way you describe.  Botox to the vertical lines may help as well. 

Those Little Things Make a Difference

+1

You may be one of those patients who is very visually oriented (as many men are), and would benefit from a facial imaging done by a Plastic Surgeon to go over the multitude of small things that can be done. It can be intimidating to critique ones own face in a mirror yet easier on a computer screen or in a photo. Perusing the photos you have provided leads me a couple of recommendations. Your face is naturally full (round if you will). Contour can be easily masculinized with a buccal fat resection. This increases contour and improves cheeks. An upper blepharoplasyt would clean up your eyes and possibly open them slightly. Finally, chin augmentation to imprive the jawline profile and maybe even a midline chin cleft for good measure.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

What More You Can Do To Be Happy With Your Looks

+1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some patients who seek surgical "corrections" will never be happy with their look. The most important aspect of any procedure is making sure you talk to your surgeon about accurate expectations so you are not dissapointed.  Also you should talk to your surgeon about skin texture and volume loss as a result of aging. Sometimes the fix is non-surgical. Consider less invasive approaches that are truly great anti-agers like Ultherapy, BOTOX, Juvederm, IPLs and regular facials too. Ultimately, remember that a smile is the best thing you can ever do to upgrade your look.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon