I Have a Deep Wrinkle Under my Right Eye 3 Months After a Lower Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I had a lower blepharoplast 3 months ago. As my eyes recover, a deep wrinkle has developed under my right eye. What should to keep this from being permanent? As long as this wrinkle is there I think I look worse than before and people keep asking me what happened to my eye. My surgeon tells me to relax and that it will go away. I don't believe it. Thanks

What Has Caused The Deep Groove On My Right Lower Eyelid And Will It Improve?

+2

My first question to you is what type of surgery did you have.  From your previous posting, it appears that the groove that you are referring to on the right side existed pre-operatively.  Also pre-operatively, you had some lateral scleral show which appears to have been corrected.  Possibly, you had a transconjunctival fat removal with lateral canthopexy or muscle sling.  At any rate, I believe the deep groove is possibly due to insufficient fat removed from your medial compartment and not a surgical misadventure as some of the other experts have suggested. 

I recommend you speak to your plastic surgeon about possible touch up right medial fat removal.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

The line looks like an incision

+2

Please see your surgeon regarding the line. It looks like incision line and your surgeon should be able to revise it. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Deep wrinkle after surgery

+2

From your photo it does not appear to be a wrinkle. It appears to be a surgical incision. I would discuss with your doctor.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid problem after blepharoplasty

+1

It appears to be an incision/scar which does improve with time up to a year.  Continue your care with your surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon