I Am Having Dark Circles Around my Eyes Which Are Too Ugly. How to Get Rid of Them? (photo)

Combining Radiesse and Belotero Balance Works Well For Lightening Dark Circles Under the Eyes

+1

Combining Beloro Balance with a lttle Radiesse works well for tear troughs, hollows and dark circles under the eyes

Tear troughs, hollows, and dark circles are common problems of the lower lids. It has become standard practice to treat this region with lighter weight fillers, like Juvederm or Restylane, to lift, straighten, and contour this region. Occasionally, if fillers are inadvertently placed too superficially, a bluish discoloration related to light scattering (a phenomenon known as the Tyndall effect) can occur, which can actually make the dark circles more prominent.

Belotero, a new hyaluronic acid product, has been manufactured to avoid this. However, I have found that the addition of a tiny amount of Radiesse, a whitish-colored filler, to the Belotero to be an excellent way of treating tear troughs and hollows and lightening existing dark circles. However, only an experienced, board certified aesthetic dermatology or plastic surgeon injector should attempt to treat this area in this fashion.

How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes in a Young Person

+1

Sometimes the pigmented skin is loose and the laxity makes the fine skin under the eyes look darker. 

Treatment can be directed at the pigment itself with bleaching creams, light chemical peels, or laser treatment.

Laser treatment, for example, a microablative CO2 laser, such as SmartSkin, which I use in my practice, can tighten the under-eye skin.

If you look in a mirror and gently stretch the under eye skin, you will likely see it looking lighter. 

Lighter-skinned people who have a dark under-eye appearance can see the same effect if it is due to a lot of superficial blood vessels.  They may be improved by intense pulsed light treatment, with the eyes well protected. They may also benefit from micro-ablative laser, or pigment treatment with peels or a pigment laser such as the ruby laser which we use in our practice.

Best is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and have a personal evaluation.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles Under Eyes

+1

Dear Vin,  There are many causes for dark circles under the eyes, therefore no one treatment will help in every case.  There are a number of topical products that  can be applied to the skin of the lower eyelids to lighten the skin color.  Many of these products contain Vitamin K which has been successful in many cases.

Because of your facial structure, you have premature volume loss under your eyes that maybe be responsive to fat grafting to fill in these hollowed areas.  Fat grafting has also had the added benefit of lightening the darker skin tones in many patients.  I would suggest a consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in fat grafting to the face, especially the periorbital region.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Dark Circles, Sunken Eyes

+1

Hi Vin.  Because you are young and because the area under the eye is hollow, we would suggest using Restylane to help with the issue.  Although it cannot change the color of the skin, it does help get rid of the tired appearance associated with your facial structure.  

You can view some results at the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD