I Am Currently Two Weeks out from Mommy Makeover and Still in a Lot of Pain. Is This Normal?

I had augmentation mastopexy along with full tummy tuck with flank liposuction (Mommy Makeover). I am two weeks out from my procedure and have very bad pain across my stomach that hurts to minor touch. I also am having deeper muscle pain near my naval, which my surgeon says is muscle spasm and the valium should take care of that pain. I am taking my meds as prescribed and am still in pain. Is this normal? My breasts don't hurt very much. It's the tummy that is causing the worst pain.

Pain in Tummy at 2 Weeks Following Mommy Makeover

+2

This type of pain may be due to plication of the abdominal musculature, but an exam would be necessary to rule out anything else.

Two Weeks out from Mommy Makeover and Still in a Lot of Pain

+1

Although many patients are off their pain meds by two weeks, this is not unusual. Hopefully you have been seen by your surgeon, who might have detected a cause, such as fluid collection, which would need specifit treatment. But from the sounds of your question, this is a variant of the usual post-op discomfort.

Do stay in communication with your surgeon who is your best asset by far in evaluation your progress. Thanks, and best wishes. 

Pain 2 Weeks after Mommy Makeover Normal?

+1

Yes, unfortunately discomfort can persist for several weeks after tummy tuck surgery. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon,  who is in the best position to advise/reassure you.

Pain after surgery

+1

Pain 2 weeks after tummy tuck is not abnormal. Everyone perceives pain differently. As long as you continue to followup with your surgeon and he is aware of the pain and there are no other abnormal signs this may be normal. But keep having frequent checkups with your PS.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

2 weeks post-surgery is very common to still have discomfort. Make sure you keep your appointments with your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS