I Had a Crown About 4 Weeks Ago on a Bad Upper Tooth (Next to a Wisdom Tooth)?

Initial mild sensitivity to cold/ hot went away after a few days.Yesterday, I began having extreme sensitivity to cold, even slightly cold from a water bottle that was nearly at room temp. Seems to be worse when swishing the cold liquid around and it's swished in from the outside of the tooth. Should I wait a few days to see if it gets better or do I need to get back to the dentist ASAP?

Crown sensitivity one month after placement

+1

If the sensitivity resolved and has now returned, I would recommend having it evaluated by your dentist to determine if a root canal is indicated. If the cold sensitivity lingers more than several seconds after removing the cold, this usually indicates  that the nerve is dying and a root canal will be necessary. You mentioned that the cold was around the outside of the tooth. Another thing that could be causing the cold sensitivity is if the gum has receded exposing the root surface of the tooth. 

Aurora Cosmetic Dentist

Crown 4 Weeks Ago Very Sensitive to Cold

+1

See your dentist. Sounds like either there is an open margin around the crown, or else the nerve is dieing and will need root canal.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Sensitivity under crown?

+1

In most cases it means the tooth needs a root canal have your dentist take a radiograph good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist