I Have a Crown Can I Still Use Crest 3d White Strips Without the Crown Coming out?

Okay so I have a crown and I read a review that crest white strips stick to your teeth really good and you have to actually try to get them off. Since I have a crown can I use them or should I cut out a part for my tooth or what

Can I use crest strips over crown?

+1

The answer is yes, just remember filling and crowns won't change colors onlly natural teeth and tooth whitening is not permanent and must be done at least every 6-12 months good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Whitening Teeth with Existing Restorations

+1

Your existing crowns will not come off with Crest White Strips. As mentioned earlier, it takes quite a bit of force to remove a crown. One thing you do need to be aware of, however, is that existing crowns and other restorations you may have in your mouth will NOT whiten with any whitening products. So, if the crown you are talking about is in a visible place in your mouth, it will look darker, the whiter your other teeth become by whitening.

Omaha Cosmetic Dentist

White strips stay put, but do not stick

+1

The amount of suction needed to remove a crown is extreme, usually requiring to be cut off if they need to be removed.  White strips have nowhere NEAR enough "stick" to remove a crown, so you will be just fine.

However, your crown will NOT change color, so plan accordingly.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

White strips and crowns

+1

Unless your crown is already loose, you should not have any problems with using the strips.  Our office has been using a whitening strip system for a couple years now and I have yet to have a crown come off as a result of using them.

Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Whitening a smile with an existing dental crown

+1

That's an interesting question. Whitening gels do not stick to your teeth at all. But we are concerned when whitening your smile with prior dental work such as crowns, veneers, bonding etc...  The major issue that crowns and all prior work will never change color. So, if it matches up well at this point, it may end up standing out and become more apparent after the whitening. Good Luck!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Crest White Strips over a Crown

+1

The Crest WhiteStrips do NOT stick that much that they can loosen a crown. DO NOT WORRY!

New York Cosmetic Dentist