I Got Cool Sculpt Done Today on my Love Handles but my Upper Leg is a Little Numb Will I Lose Fat There Too, Since It is Numb?

CoolSculpting removes fat only in the treated areas

+1

If someone has numbness in a region outside the treated area after CoolSculpting, this may be a temporary situation from nerve irritation. The distant area will not lose fat however. The skin may be numb distant to the area as the nerve that's irritated provides sensation to a wider area, but in order to lose fat, the exact area must be treated so the fat is frozen during the CoolSculpting. You need to discuss your symptoms with your doctor.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Numbness in an untreated area

+1

If you have numbness outside of the treated area, you will not see fat reduction there as that is related to the nerve distribution and not fat subjected to Coolsculpting in that area.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. You will lost fat only in the specific areas treated. Numbness is a common side effect of the treatment, and should subside in the next few days or weeks. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD