I Combined a TT and a Partial Hysterectomy?

I combined a TT and a Partial Hysterectomy on Dec 3rd. Is the recovery longer? I actually had a 5 1/2 hour surgery because of the Hysterectomy problems of the Fibriods outside the uterus, endrometriosis etc etc. 3 1/2 hours was the GYN and 2 was the PS. I ended up back in the hospital less then a week later because of dehygration and blood loss. I feel like I am a week behind in recovery. I have a lot pain - but I couldn't tell you if it is the muscle from the TT or from the hysterectomy? TY KC

Tummy Tuck and Hysterectomy - Longer Recovery?

+3

Your recovery should take longer, given the nature of the surgeries performed and your postoperative course thus far.  If plication was performed during the tummy tuck, the pain is probably the result of both the tummy tuck and the hysterectomy.  Good luck in your recovery.

Tummy tuck and partial hysterectomy

+1

Certainly your recovery should be longer after a tummy tuck and a hysterectomy.  If you have significant pain, it is best to be seen by your surgeon. 

Recovery longer with combined surgery??

+1

In your case, yes, longer recovery would be expected. 5 1/2 hours of surgery will usually lead to a longer post-op course than would be a 2 hour tummy tuck, and adding complex  intra-abdominal surgery will also lead to a longer recovery. Hopefully you are on the road back to normal health after this set back.

Thank you for you question, all the best.

Prolonged recovery after TT and Partial Hysterectomy

+1

ohboyohboy-

From your description of what transpired I wouldn't be surprised that you would have a prolonged recovery.  Although many surgeons like to point the finger at the other surgeon's procedure as to why the recovery is taking long, it is basically going to take longer because it was a more intense, longer surgery than either alone.  I would discuss ways to decrease your recovery time with both the OB-Gyn and PS to make sure that you are doing everything you can to recover.

Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD