I Had CO2 Fractional Laser Surgery 3 Weeks Ago and my Face is Still Red. Is There Anything I Can Do to Reduce the Redness?

My face changes color from pink to red as well.

Redness after C02 Laser

+1

Redness can be common after a CO2 laser procedure.  Redness can be alleviated with the following options:

• Tincture of time-Time heals all wounds- redness goes away with time
  • Calmplex - anti red cream
  • IPL- can expediate removal of redness
  • Growth factor skin serums- improves appearance and healing after laser therapy
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness after CO2 Fractional Laser Surgery

+1

In my patients, after 3 weeks, they may continue to be a little pink.  Since you are describing redness, I recommend you follow up with your practioner who can recommend a post laser treatment regimen to soothe the redness

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Redness after laser

+1

Be sure to follow up with your surgeon.  He or She may want to give you some temovate ointment to help reduce the redness.

CO2 laser

+1

It would be fairly normal to still have some degree of redness 3 weeks after CO2 laser.  Everyone is somewhat different in this respect and if you are fair-skinned you can expect the redness to take a little longer.  It is most important that you are using a sunscreen every day and I would definitely not  use any potent steroids like Temovate.  More persistent redness could be treated with an IPL.  I hope this helps and I hope you're getting progressively better.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon