I Had Closed Rhinoseptoplasty 8 Weeks Ago and It's Still Swollen and Crooked. Will This Get Better?

There is an arch, and the inside hurts. Still swollen on top. Will this improve. Should I be touching it?

Crooked and swollen after two months needs a recheck

Some swelling is normal, a crooked appearance is not unless this is due to uneven swelling.  Ask your surgeon to recheck things for you.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 8 Weeks Postop

At 8 weeks post-op from a primary (not a revision), non-reconstructive, cosmetic rhinoplasty, there should be negligible swelling left to go.  Still swollen and crooked at this stage?  You should re-see your doctor - there may be a problem that needs to be addressed.  Progressively, more subtle changes, such as improved skin suppleness and better definition, are to be expected and these sort of improvements will continue for several months.

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Small chance it'll get better

While every nose will heal a little differently, usually by two months you should get a sense of how your results will be.  As others have commented, it's hard to provide accurate discussion without an exam.  However, closed rhinplasty is often done to correct crooked nose (many times the bony portion), hump reduction, and perhaps some minor tip work.  At 8 weeks, if osteotomies (bone cuts) were done to straighten your nose, your nose should look fairly straight.  Some degree of swelling is also possible at this stage.  Sometimes, one can gently massage or manipulate mild residual deviations to a straighter alignment during initial healing period.  If you had bony deviations and it's still crooked at 8 weeks, it's probably unlikely to get better.  I recommend you see your surgeon for a more detailed evaluation.  Good luck!

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Closed septorhinoplasty

Without an exam it is impossible to suggest what is going on. An exam is ciritical to properly adivse you. I suggest seeing your doctor.