I Have Chromhidrosis (Colored Sweat), Any Suggestions? (photo)

This condition started randomly this year with no specific reason. I have at various points and time used bleaching cream and had 30% glycolic acid peels. For some reason I believe either one or both of those contributed to this condition. It only happens on my cheeks and is absent everywhere else in the body. Also I am not on any medications that could cause this such as a cycline antibiotic.

Treating chromhidrosis

+1

Chromhidrosis is a rare condition where one can have colored sweat. I would consider topical therapy with an aluminum chloride preparation, and if this is not enough, capsaicin topically can be tried. I have also had good success with Botox injections for chromhidrosis, although duration of effect appears to be a bit shorter, perhaps 4-6 months. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Chromhidrosis - Try Capsaicin Cream 0.025% Topical for Chromhidrosis

+1

You can manually squeeze the skin and get rid of the pigment for 5-7 days but this proves to be too traumatic for the skin.

Chromohidrosis can be treated with Botox but the results are not as good as Botox injections for hyperhidrosis.

Capsaicin cream is used for this condition and I have used it on 2 patients with success - it was successful in 2 of 3 patients in my center. Use 0.025% Dolorac Cream twice daily. Good luck.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon