I Just Had Chin Augmentation with Fat but I Dont Like It?

Hi, i just had a chin augmentation with fat filling surgery 4 days ago. And i dont like it at all. Is there anything i can do right now to avoid the transferred fat cells from staying in my chin? How long should i expect a final result from this surgery? what should i do if i am not happy with the final result?

Fat transfer chin augmentation

+1

Dear emily0715,

• It is expected to feel like this 4 days out
  • Things will change and if you really do not like it after the swelling comes down, there are options to remove the fat
  • I think it will just get better and you may not need to do anything

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Early Fat Grafting Chin Augmentation Results

+1

Just like a chin implant, you should not judge the result of your fat grafting at just four days after surgery. Between swelling and some fat resorption, your result is going to change substantially over the next 6 to 8 weeks. Wait until this time before re-evaluating your results. You can change/remove the fat that is in there now anyway so you need to let complete healing take place.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Discuss this with your surgeon!

+1

It is extremely important to discuss this with your surgeon. There will be significant swelling this early after your surgery, and you certainly would not want to compromise a good result without discussing this with your surgeon.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Chin

+1

The initial results after 4 days for facial fat grafting can involve a lot of swelling.  You should determine if there is a need for revision in a few weeks to months.  I usually do chin implants to this area, but fat grafting is reasonable if done correctly.  The unevenness may be amenable to correction with fillers.  Talk with your surgeon.

Chin augmentation is best done within implant not fat injection.

+1

In my opinion a chin implant placed for chin augmentation is at the moment a better choice than fat injection. The operation is simple, safe, and predictable. Fat injections are simple and safe but are somewhat unpredictable.

Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer always looks overdone initially.  Expect a 30-50% reduction in volume as some of the fat resorbs and the final result will take 6 months.  Likely you have some bruising and swelling contributing to the fullness.  Give it some time and talk to your surgeon. Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon