I Have Cellulite and I Want to Get Rid of It for Good, but I Also Want to Lose Inches?

I am 25, 5'4" and weigh about 154 lbs. I have cellulite that I wish to get rid of, but also would like to reduce some sizes on my legs, waist and tummy... I exercise and try to eat healthy, but I have not noticed any more changes! I am unsure if I should go for cellulaze or get a smart lipo! I just had an awesome consultation, but I forgot to ask this!

Can you do laser cellulite treatment and liposuction at the same time?

+2

Yes, you can do both procedures at the same time. My personal preference is to do the Cellulaze laser first for the cellulite treatment and than go on and do the liposuction with the technique that best suits the patient (traditional lipo, VASER or Tickle lipo). Although Smartlipo and Cellulaze lasers are by Cynosure, they treat different things. The Cellulaze laser treats the cellulite by melting the fat right under the skin superficially, dividing the fibrous sptae which creates the dimples and heating the skin from underneath to cause tightening and thickening. The Smartlipo can be combined to tighten the skin with liposuction, or for small areas the laser can be used alone. For large volume liposuction, I would not recommend it on its own, because it is slow and inneficient. Good luck, discuss this with your surgeon.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

The Cellulaze Laser by Cynopsure is the best way to permanently remove cellulite

+2

The Cellulaze Laser is the best way to permanently remove cellulite.  This has been carefully studies in FDA trials over about a number of years.  The laser was approved for permanent cellulite treatment about a year ago.  The treatment requires a lot of skill on the part of the laser surgeon to achieve an optimum result.  The new Side Fire Fiber provides a good method for reducing the herniated fat bulges, releasing the fibrous septae and tightening the skin.  We have had this laser since February 2012.  I am very happy with this new technology and the results that we are seeing.. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze & Smartlipo

+2

It sounds like you would be a good candidate for both Cellulaze and Smartlipo. Through one minimally-invasive procedure, Cellulaze has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free; while Smartlipo helps remove the fat while tightening the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smartlipo and Cellulaze

+1
Hello. Good question. I have done Cellulaze and SmartLipo in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze or Smartlipo can do for them. Hope this helps! Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze for long lasting treatment of cellulite

+1

Thanks for your question, Estefy1313.

I would recommend Cellulaze.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.  I hope this helps and best of luck!  Robert Kratschmer, MD, board certified in Plastic Surgery

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze and Liposuction

+1

Cellulaze and liposuction can not be performed in the same body area at the same time.  The procedures must be separated by 3-6 months.  The order of which procedure to be performed is up to the surgeon and the patient.  In general, Cellulaze will be performed first but that is not an absolute.  Cellulaze will not remove inches.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

Cellulaze and Smart Lipo

+1

Cellulaze is a great treatment for cellulite and can tightening skin.  Smart Lipo can help to contour areas of the body where the issue is unwanted fat but if the areas are the same, you may need to separate the procedures.  Cellulaze alone won't reduce size, as it does not remove fat or any tissue. Both procedures are best if your weight is relatively stable and is not a substitute for healthy eating and exercise.  If you don't maintain a healthy lifestyle following the procedures you won't be pleased with results.   It would be best to meet with your surgeon again for a consultation and specifically ask these questions so they can give you a more accurate picture of what you can expect after surgery.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

In my protocol I DO NOT preform Cellulaze and Smart Lipo Triplex on the same body area at the same operation. So you need to decide which bothers you more. 

Cellulite and Lose Inches

+1

Unfortunately, Cellulaze is the procedure for reduction of cellulite but it cannot be done at the same time as liposuction in the same area.  Usually the two procedures would need to be separated by 6 months.  This would allow you to treat the  extra fat and then come back to clean up the cellulite.

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon