I Had Cellulaze Little over a Week Ago, and I Think It Has Gotten Worse. Is This Normal?

I had both smart lipo and cellulaze dont to my thighs, I dont really see any change at all, and my measurements are exactly the same. I had 600 ml taken out all togheter, and I might still be swollen and thats is the reason for not seeing any difference with the smart lipo. But when it comes to the cellulaze I have not read anywhere that its supposed to look worse after a week. Have not had any significant brusing at any point, nor much pain, look the same as before just 5,500 pounds poorer :(

Cellulite worse after procedure, don't worry, just wait

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  This question comes up often here.  During my consultations with patients I make sure they understand that the results will not show up immediately, and can look worse because of the swelling.  The results start to improve by the 3-6 months, and can continue for up to a year after the surgery.  Please have patience with the procedure, and I am sure you will be pleased once it has taken affect.  Best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Results after a week

+1

You need to give it some time. Smart lipo results may be seen immediately and then you tend to swell. Cellulaze will take anywhere between 3-6 months to see improvement. Please keep in mind to wear the compression garment for 1 week to help with any swelling issues, and don’t forget to be patient.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Normal experience

+1

Some patients do look worse before they look better.  Don't worry this is normal.  It can take 3-6 months to see your final results.  Continue with your compression garments and follow your cellulaze surgeon's postoperative instructions.  I'm sure you'll love your results once all the swelling has resolved.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

One week results after Cellulaze

+1

What you are describing is a very common phenomenon after Cellulaze treatments.  People will often have a "worse" appearance initially.  Your results will start to really take shape by about three months.  So while Cellulaze is a great procedure, you do have to be patient to see the results.  Also, did you really have Smart Lipo and Cellulaze performed in the same areas?  That is not the correct treatment.  Liposuction and Cellulaze should always be done in different stages if being performed in the same area.  

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

One week after Cellulaze

+1

Don't worry.  It is quite normal to not notice any change or even look worse a week after Cellulaze.  Though the incisions are minimal, what is occuring beneath the skin's surface is not minimal.  Heating tissue and cutting through the fibers with the Smart Lipo and Cellulaze will create inflammation.  Your legs may look bigger, swollen, lumpy and bruised.  This is all normal.  Cellulaze is a great procedure, it does however require patience.  The final results may not be evident for many months. Hang in there and if you have concerns about your procedures, follow up with the surgeon that performed them.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

I am confused??? You had Smart Lipo + Cellulaze on the same body area at the same operative session?? This is NOT the protocol, please advise so we can help you. 

Cellulaze Results

+1
Cellulaze is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, therefore after the treatment there will be some swelling and a little soreness. Results are achieved with just one Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment. Your results will continue to improve over the next three to twelve months. Since it has only been a week, you are most likely experiencing swelling. Your results will begin to show over the next few months. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Please give Cellulaze a few months before judging the results of your treatment.

+1

Please give Cellulaze a few months before judging the results of your treatment.  It hs not been very long since your treatment.  You may have some swelling that still needs to resolve.  At one month you should see over 90% of your results.  If you are concerned at that point, check back with the physician who did the Cellulaze treatment.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon