I Got Burnt from IPL and I Don't Know the Proper Way to Apply the Cream, Help?

I am middle eastern with light olive skin, however, I have darker skin in areas like underarms and bikini. I get full-body IPL & it was my 6th session. Even though it's uncomfortable I neve suffered from burns. My entire bikini (full Brazilian) area got burnt with dark black/purple burns spread all over. No blisters, but itchy and hot. I'm applying hydrocortisone cream, but not sure if I must cover the area or just wear my undergarments over the cream! Help!

Applying hydrocortisone on a burn

+1

First, wet the area with cool water - this allows the product to be absorbed into the skin and should be done with all products except retinols. So, wet the skin, pat dry, and immediately apply a thin layer of hydrocortisone onto the affected area. It's ok to wear clothes over the cream because it will be absorbed into the skin. You should apply the cream a few times a day, following the same steps.