I Broke my Nose when I Was Four, Now I'm Fifteen. How Old Do I Have to Be for Surgery? (photo)

I'm a girl and as you can imagine, it's completely destroyed my self esteem. Friends say it's 7/10 prominent and I seriously can't take it anymore. Most people say I have to be 18 to get it fixed but isn't that for cosmetic surgery? Can I get it fixed now or do I have to wait three more years?

Minimum recommended age for rhinoplasty

+1

The minimum recommended age to have rhinoplasty performed is 15 years of age for girls and 16 for boys. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will be able to assess your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

At what age can one have nasal surgery?

+1

In my practice, the earliest I operate girls is at age 15 and boys at age 16. The patient must understand and want the surgery, be mature enough to realize that there are risks involved with the surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drbustillo.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate age for rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. Great question. There is no exact age that is recommended for rhinoplasty, but for someone in your situation with a history of nasal trauma and significant nasal asymmetry, correction of your nose for both breathing and cosmetic purposes will require a complete and fairly extensive septorhinoplasty.  With this in mind, I would strongly recommend that surgery not be performed until you are not growing anymore and your nose appears to be its adult size.  For most women, this is at age 16-17.  Good luck. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Nose Reconstruction

+1

I have operated on several young female patients who were 15 years old. There is a good argument for getting the nose fixed sooner rather than later if feasible. In the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, you should be able to have a nice result. 

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age for Rhinoplasty

+1

Girls are usually fully grown at the age of 16. So you could be a good candidate for this procedure. You should consult with a surgeon to see what there thoughts are and as long as you have your parents consent you would be able to have the procedure. 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I Broke my Nose when I Was Four, Now I'm Fifteen. How Old Do I Have to Be for Surgery?

+1

Yes the posted photo shows a deviated nasal/septal carriage/bony nose. I recommend flu rhino/septoplasty. Obtain a age determination of your growth plates in the face and wrist from your Primary doc. Than seek in person evaluations with boarded surgeons ONLY. 

Rhinoplasty in females

+1

If you are 15 and you are no longer growing, you may be a candidate at this point. 15 or 16 is OK in young ladies.

When to have surgery

+1

I usually like to wait for bone growth to be complete. In girls this may happen as early as 14 or 15. You can easily check by having your doctor do a growth plate x ray of your wrist or knee. If the growth plates are fused and you are ready and your parents are willing and ready then go ahead.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Now is fine

+1

I advise a closed reduction (putting the nose back in place) when it is fractured, as that didn't happen, you could have it done any time. There is no specific age. What is more important is the maturity of the patient.

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc. can be done at 15 in girls.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose, etc. can be done at 15 in girls. Your nose can be straightened and refined to give a natural result. Choose a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses.