I Have No Breast Crease After Lift, Breast Crease Scar Very Noticable - 8 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I had a full lift done 8 wks ago (had implants prior). After the lift, I started popping stitches, I have some spots that will need revision. However, my main concern is that I have no inframammary fold! The scar under my breast are not hidden! The PS suggested possibly some lipo underneath to try to create a fold. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Creating a new inframammary fold

+2

There are several options for recreating the fold.  Accentuating the fold will work with liposuction.  Changing the fold will require an open procedure.  Your first procedure is still recent. Wait two more months before engaging in any further surgical intervention.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Breast lift scars

+2

will improve with time and as many have mentioned, patience is all you need.  You should have some settling of your lower pole that is expected to cover your scars so you will not see them from the front.  Scars will fade with time and enjoy your new shape and look as they are quite good.

Breast crease after breast lift

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Your  surgery results are really good. It will take up to 18 months for the scars to settle and it will take up six months for the breast to settle.  My advice for you is to be patient , follow you plastic surgeon instructions and from your photos I do not think you need any liposuction. Best wishes.

Breast Crease Scar Very Noticable - 8 Weeks

+2

At this stage (6-12 weeks) the typical scar is at its reddest and thickest, and therefore most noticeable. As I look at this 8 week post op photo I see excellent symmetry and breast contour. With your arms partly elevated in the photos I suspect that lifts the breasts some and makes the breast fold less apparent. 

I would suggest nothing but patience at this time. There is an adage we surgeons all heard from our mentors--"perfection is the enemy of good."  Thanks for your question and photos. Best wishes. 

You breast crease will form

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  One of the limitations of breast lift surgery is that some recurrence of laxity does occur.  At this time you do not have a crisp breast fold but it will develop as the breast tissue and skin relaxes and settles with relation to the bottom portion of your implant.  As this occurs your horizontal incision will also descend but it may not be directly in the new breast fold.  I would wait for all of this to mature before considering a scar revision.  The ideal location of the incision/scar is a few millimeters above the fold and it is better to have the incision too high above the fold as opposed to below the fold.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-lift.cfm

Allowing breasts to settle will give a good result.

+2

All parameters in your photos look excellent for this early stage.  Nipples are at the same level and symmetrical.  Incisions are healing well.  Breast shape is excellent.  As the tissue relaxes and the breasts settle the fold will appear.  Patience will be your best friend now.  Good Luck.

I Have No Breast Crease After Lift, Breast Crease Scar Very Noticable - 8 Weeks Post Op?

+2

Result from the posted photo looks very good. Allow 2 more months of healing before attempting any corrective surgery, would be my suggestion. Happy holidays. 

8 weeks after breast lift surgery

+2

I think at 8 weeks things are looking pretty good. The breasts will settle with time and the fole may be better defined at that point.  Good luck.

No Breast Crease after Breast Lift

+2

At eight weeks post op your breast look amazingly good. With time your breast will settle and your crease will begin to develop and begin to cover your scar. If your scars are too red you could have Pulse light treatment to take the red out sooner. You might also try using some Biocornium which may help with the scar maturation. 

I Have No Breast Crease After Lift, Breast Crease Scar Very Noticable - 8 Weeks Post Op

+2

I think your breast lift is very good and I would let the scars settle down before entertaining the idea of further surgery on your breasts. Your surgeon has done a good job and they should heal well.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon