I Had Breast Reduction on a Breast That Had Radiation, wont Heal, drains & Smells Bad?

I had breast cancer on the right breast and had it removed (lump ) then lots of radiation which caused the inplant to leak. So they removed the inplants and did a breast reduction at the same time. She said the tissue was all damaged and now we cant get it to heal. It drains all the time and it smells bad. This has been 3months ago. I am on antibodics and i use burn cream(silverdine) but it is not getting better.what can i do.

Will my breast heal after a breast reduction and raditiation treatment?

+1

It is somewhat difficult to follow and your case seems complex.  You had implants and developed breast cancer and then had a lumpectomy, radiation and an implant exposure.  The implants were removed and a reduction performed but on the radiated side there has been a wound which is draining for 3 months.  I believe this is what I read.  This is a difficult problem that ccannot be done justice via a post on the internet.  PLease contact you surgeon.  If you would like another opinion please call someone in your area or nearby to minimize your travel time and expenses.

Radiation Injury

+1

If after 3 months and the wounds are not healing and it sounds you have infection.

It is time to make the difficult decisionand complete the mastectomy and reconstruct with a TRAM or Latismuss Dorsi Flap