I Just Had Breast Reconstruction, when Could I Have Coolsculpting Done on my Arms?

CoolSculpting of the arms can be done, off-label

+1

Please check with your reconstructive surgeon if and he or she says it's ok to proceed ahead with CoolSculpting, now that the CoolFit flat applicator is available, doctors can use it off-label for fat reduction of the upper arms. There are risks with all cosmetic procedures so be sure to discuss this with your doctor.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

CoolSculpting on arms

+1

First and foremost, you need clearance from your reconstructive surgeon. Soon, new applicators will be introduced that will make treatment of the arms a possibility for more people. The skin and fat must fit into the applicator, and with the current curved applicators, a person must have a significant amount of excess fat and / or have long arms for CoolSculpting of the arms to be effective.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after Breast Reconstruction

+1

I would suggest that you speak with the surgeon who performed your breast reconstruction to see if you are cleared to undergo Coolsculpting of the arms.  Follow his/her recommendation since they know your history the best.

Not sure if Coolsculpting is being done on arms

+1

I agree that you need to check with your reconstructive surgeon as to when you can begin treatment of your arms. I am not sure if Coolsculpting is being done effectively on the arms becuase you must be able to fit the fat fold into the bulky head apparatus. We perform a new treatment called TruSculpt which uses gentle heat and accomplishes fat reduction using the same cellular process as Coolsculpting. The beauty of Trusculpt is that the handpice can be placed on any part of the body regardless of size and location. 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after breast reconstruction

+1

First of all, understand that Coolsculpting of the arms is off label use of Coolsculpting as it is only approved for abdomen and flanks. That being said I would suggest you discuss whether or not you should have or when you should have coolsculpting on the arms with the surgeon that performed your  breast reconstruction.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon