I Had a Breast Lift, but Can I Get a Fuller Firmer Look W/o an Implant? (photo)

I had a breast lift 9 months ago and would like a fuller, firmer look on the upper part of my breasts to be able to wear the kind of tops that you can never find the right bra for. Is it possible to achieve that look with out an implant?

Upper pole fullness

+2

If you want upper pole fullness, you may need implants.  It is best to go for a consultation to determine if this would be necessary.

Implants help Upper Pole Fullness

+2

More upper pole fullness is best achieved by an implant.  Unfortunately when a breast lift is done initially there is upper pole fullness but as the the tissues relax and swelling subsides this fullness decreases.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

More Fullness

+2

There are techniques to achieve more upper pole fullness without implants;  however, a subpectoral implant with additional skin tightening is also an option.  Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Better upper pole fullness.

+2

Thanks for sharing and your photos. The breast results look very reasonable, but you do not have a full upper pole. A silicone breast implant placed under the muscle is probably your best option to achieve a nicer upper pole and a balanced look. Best wishes, Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Fuller Firmer look without implants?

+2

Based on your photos, you could have a breast lift revision and breast augmentation at the same time.  To acheive the fullness that you desire, you should talk to your Plastic Surgeon about implants.  At the same time, he could take out a little more skin to lift the breast.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can I Get a Fuller Firmer Look W/o an Implant?

+1

What you seek can best be achieved with an implant, not without. Right now there is too much breast tissue below the nipples, and an increased distance from the lower part of the areola to the breast fold. That appearance can be improved with another lift, with the vertical incision and a horizontal incision in the fold. Since the areolar position is ok, that incision would remain as is. Without an implant the upper pole may appear fuller for a while, but within months that improvement will be vanished. 

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos, best wishes

Breast Lift for a Fuller Look

+1

A full breast lift revision can both take skin from below the nipple areola complex to reduce that distance and elevate tissue to the superior pole of the breast.   In addition, tissue can be moved from lateral to medial to create fullness. 

Breast Lift Revision

+1

Your breasts show what we call pseudoptosis. WHile you will never get the firm, perky breasts that you may want, you can get improvement. It looks like you would benefit from a revision because there is too much breast tissue below the nipples, making the nipples appear too high on side profile. You can have some skin removed from the lower part of the breast and this should improve the lift.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast fullness without implants following breast lift

+1

The short answer in my opinion is no. Most breast lifts look great for a few months but then the upper fullness goes away. Really the breast lift is a nipple lift. The problem is the sagging breast by definition lacks elasticity. The best solution in many cases is a reduction/ lift followed a few months later by a breast augmentation with implants.  

Richard Rahdon, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant for fullness

+1

I have a bit of a complicated answer for you, but I think it will help.  Your pictures reveal a nipple and areola that sits at a high enough position to give the appearance of a lift, but the volume of the breast is hanging low.  This results in a drooping of the breast - just what you didn't want.  Also, the low hanging volume forces the nipple to face upward instead of straight ahead.  An implant will only make you bigger.  What you need is more lift of the volume of the breast to move it behind the nipple and give you projection of the breast with the drooping.  This would be another lift surgery, but no more need to move the nipple and areola again.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon