I Had a Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation 14 Weeks Ago, my Breasts Are Flat at the Bottom, Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

14 weeks ago I had a lollipop lift and breast augmentation to fix assymetry, different breast shape and a tuberous breast. The procedure was done in 2 stages. My breasts are now flat at the bottom, I want to know if this can be fixed somehow, with either surgery or some other way. I've already had 2 surgeries. Everything looks good except for the flatness at the bottom. So can this be fixed?

Be patient

+2

as your results are quite good.  You chose a good doctor and you will still settle to some degree.  Your surgeon, in my opinion, did a great job and you will better appreciate this as you heal! 

my Breasts Are Flat at the Bottom

+1

Part of the tuberous breast complex is a deficiency of breast tissue in the lower pole. 

This appears to me to be an excellent outcome so far. (Pre-op photos would have been helpful.) Over the course of up to a year, the implants will continue to settle and and I expect the lower pole skin to stretch out some and all this will result in improvement of the overall contour.

Thanks for your question. All the best.

Patience.

Flat Bottom of Breasts

+1

Given your description, your postop photos look very good, and the lower pole will stretch over the next several months.

Will look better with time

+1

I assume you had tuberous breast pre- surgery i.e. short of skin below the nipple. It takes time for the skin to stretch up. Ask your surgeon but I sometimes encourage the implants to move down and stretch the lower skin with an exercise that uses a rolled towel placed on the upper chest while lying on your tummy.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Time ...time...time...

+1

At 14 weeks the implants are still high and the scar is probably a bit snug. As the tissues relax some more, the lower pole should look better. Be patient.

Give It More Time

+1

Your results to date are quite good...flatness of the lower portion of the breasts, especially if you started with tuberous breasts, is expected.  Over the time the weight of the implants will cause the lower pole to stretch, increasing the distance between the nipple and the infra-mammary fold and giving you a rounder appearance.  I do not believe you will need any further procedures but if one year passes and you're still not completely satisfied, you can undergo a minor operation to reposition the implants slightly lower... 

Web reference: http://www.sadehsurgery.com/breast_lift.htm

Need more time for the breasts to shape up after breast lift and augmentation

+1

Your result looks quite good for a vertical mastopexy and augmentation for a tuberous breast condition.  It is not unusual for it to take time for the lower pole to stretch out.  You have time, weight and gravity on your side.  It may take another 3  - 6 months for your shape to improve.  

This should not be a long-term problem!

+1

Although many surgeons would have chosen a one-stage procedure, you and your surgeon utilized a two-stage approach, and your results at 14 weeks look good and are still expected to continue to change for another 4-6 months!

While none of us, myself included, can guarantee that things will settle and round out to your satisfaction even after a full year, maximum healing , scar maturation, and settling/stretching can indeed take that long. I can tell you that things will continue to change over that period of time, and usually for the better!

Be patient with yourself (and your surgeon); this looks like an excellent result given your tuberous breast anatomy pre-operatively. Stay in touch with your surgeon! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-lift

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Allow more time.

+1

Thanks for sharing. So far it looks like a nice result. However, 14 weeks is not enough time for your implant to fully round out the breast. Be patient and give it more time - Dr. Aldo.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would advise that you allow more time to pass by before evaluating the end results of surgery. Especially for patients who have a history of tuberous breasts, it may be necessary to wait many months (and even up to one year) before the final results of surgery are achieved.

For example, it may take this period of time for the breast implants to fully “settle” and help achieve the rounder lower pole look that patients seek. During this time, the combination of breast implants settling and skin relaxation may help improve the contour of the lower poles of the breast.

Therefore, I would suggest that you continue to be patient, massage the breast implant downward ( if your plastic surgeon okays this) and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon ( who by the way seems have done a very nice job for you).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm