I Had Breast Inplants Done 2 Months Ago, Can I Play Physical Sport Like Soccer, or is it too Soon?

2 Months after Breast Implants and Exercise

+1

In an uncomplicated breast augmentation with no lift component or difficulties, most plastic surgeons will allow a patient to resume activity at 6 weeks.  Ultimately, your plastic surgeon has to provide the clearance.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Sports after implants

+1

Hi, the usual recommendation for resuming sport activities after an augmentation is 6 weeks, so you should fine by now, but please visit your surgeon first to make sure everything is healing well before playing soccer again.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Return to sports after breast augmentation

+1

Two months after breast augmentation surgery should be enough time to allow your return to regular activities.  However, this is assuming that you had a normal course of recovery.  You should check with your surgeon to make sure that you are "cleared" for normal activites. 

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Soccer after breast augmentation

+1
Contact sports should be avoided until your plastic surgeon has cleared you because, obviously, there is a concern regarding rupture of the incision line from a direct impact. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon and wear a well fitting sports bra when engaging in physical activities.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Sports 2 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

Participating in sports activities is generally not a problem 2 months after a breast augmentation, especially if you are feeling fine. But, check with your plastic surgeon before starting any type of exercise. Your plastic surgeon may have a different "return to normal activities" protocol.

Thanks for your question!

Gregory Park, MD

Activity after Breast Implants

+1

Since it has been 2 months since your surgery, you should be able to resume physical activities and sports such as soccer. Just check with your surgeon to assure that there is nothing unusual about your particular course of healing. I usually have breast augmentations not exercise at all for two weeks, then increase to light workouts, by six weeks increase to just about any activity. I think there is advantage to not working out the chest muscles though for many months. The chest muscles can get sore more easily and I think the implants tend to move further apart with lots of chest workouts.

Michael Horn, MD

Resuming Soccer after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Always best to check with your plastic surgeon about resuming specific activities after surgery. He/she knows your situation best and is ultimately responsible for your care. Keep in mind, that if the soccer ball or an  elbow hits you in the chest,  you would likely experience significant discomfort even though you are  2 months out of the breast augmentation procedure.

Sports and Breast Implants

+1

You should be just fine to resume your normal schedule, including sports.  We recommend that you wear a good sports bra, and get clearance from your Plastic Surgeon prior to playing sports.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD