I Got Breast Implants Two Years Ago, and I Noticed a Few Days Ago That my Right Breast Started Look Smaller, is That Dangerous?

Implant deflation is not dangerous, but see your surgeon.

+2

If the breast is shrinking, then I assume that you had a saline implant that is leaking.  Your body will absorb the saline and it is completely safe.  It will require a small surgery to replace the leaking implant.  Your surgeon will be able to evaluate the situation and suggest the best course of action.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Shrinking breast

+1

If your breast is truly becoming smaller it can only be related to your implants if they are saline. And to answer your question this would NOT be dangerous (although it should be fixed). Check with your PS.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Implant leakage?

+1

If you think that one implant has gotten smaller in the recent past, then it is a good chance that the implant might have ruptured. Check with your surgeon for an evaluation.

Breasts getting smaller after augmentation

+1

If you have saline implants most likely the implant is leaking. If the implants are silicone then something else is happening. In either case you should see your surgeon. It is not an emergency but it should be looked at.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breasts deflating with implants in place

+1

It is possible that one of the implants is leaking, or that one of the breasts has begun to droop more than the other.

In either event, it's a good idea to see a plastic surgeon to help you decide what the problem and what, if any, treatment is necessary.

Brent Moelleken, MD

See a plastic surgeon!

+1

Any changes in your breast after breast augmentation should be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon. If you have saline implants, rupture or leakage could explain the size difference. Ruptured implants should be removed and replaced.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast size changes

+1

Any time you notice changes in your breasts it is a good idea to investigate the cause.  It may be nothing to worry about.  You didn't mention how much smaller the right breast looked, if you have any pain, or if you have silicone or saline implants.  A visit to your plastic surgeon is advised to determine if further action is needed. Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon