I Have Breast Implants. I Have a Cyst. Will It Hurt my Implants?

Will A Cyst Hurt Breast Implants?

+1

A cyst should not hurt breast implants.  The cyst merits an exam, possible imaging and biopsy or removal if indicated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Cyst

+1

The pure presence of a cyst in your breast has no effect on your implants. However this cyst may need to be evaluated

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Implants and Cyst?

+1

Breast cysts are common and generally do not affect your breast implants.

Generally speaking, I would not suggest needle aspiration of the cyst without some kind of radiologic guidance;  I would have the same concerns about the possibility of breast implant rupture has you have expressed in your question.  It is possible that the cyst may be aspirated under ultrasound guidance;  make sure you are working with providers with significant experience performing these procedures.

Breast cyst and implants

+1

A breast cyst will not affect your implants per se, but the cyst shoudl be thoroughly examined.

Breast Cyst with Breast Implants

+1

I am glad that you asked this question many patients have the same concern. A breast cyst will not effect your implants or vice versa. Nonetheless, have the cyst thoroughly evaluated. If a doctor plans to aspirate a breast cyst be certain that they are well aware that you have breast implants at the time.That way, they can alter their technique so as not to disturb the implant during an aspiration.

Michael Horn, MD

Cyst and Implants

+1

The cyst will not hurt your breast implants, but you need to see a breast specialist for a mammagram, and a complete evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD