6 Weeks Post Breast Aug, Breast Feel Firm Even After Massaging?

had breast augmentation (silicone) 6 weeks ago and i massage my breast and they feel soft but then they get firm again. i'm sleeping on my side and i do experience a little pain the morning, but after the massage the pain goes away. I'm still wearing a sports bra. 

Breasts Can Take 2-3 Months To Soften After Augmentation

+4

Thank you for your email. Your experience sounds normal for 6 weeks postop breast augmentation. It is a good sign that the breasts soften and you feel more comfortable after massage.

Of course you should meet with your surgeon and express your concerns so that Dr. may examine you and hopefully reassure you. If there is a concern, that is if there is tightening of the implant your surgeon will want to know this right away.

It is however common for breasts to continue to soften and adjust their position for the first 3 months after breast augmentation and this is particularly true if you have had a sub-muscular breast augmentation.

Again be certain to see your surgeon for an examination to make certain that you are healing normally.

Firm Breasts after Breast Augmentation

+1

After breast augmentation, the breasts WILL feel tight and firm. 6 weeks is still relatively early. As your breast tissue, skin, and muscles stretch, the implants and breasts will start feeling softer. This can take months.

Pain may be due to muscle spasms in the chest muscles (pectoralis muscles). Massage can certainly relax the chest muscles and help with pain. This may be why the breasts feel soft after massaging.

If you still have concerns, you should follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Six weeks post-op BAM

+1

At six weeks post-op from an augmentation, you are still healing and the breasts are probably still swollen.

Firm breasts after surgery

+1

You have the softest feeling implants or the silicone implants in place. This is a very early post operative period for you. continue with the aggressive massage and they should improve.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breasts Feel Firm

+1

I don't think this can be answered without an exam by your surgeon. What you think is firm may not be considered so by the surgeon. I have no explanation why massaging would quickly soften the implants which would soon become firm again. This is not behavior of a capsular contracture if that is your worry.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.